INGREDIENTS FOR 20/25 COOKIES
- 480g of sifted fIour
- 60g of corn starch
- 4g of salt
- 230g of butter
- 200g of sugar
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 5 ml of vanilla extract
- Sift the fIour, cornstarch, and salt into a large bowl and wisk them together.
- Cream butter with sugar in a mixer equipped with a paddle attachment. Gradually add eggs while mixing. Scrape the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add vanilla extract. Add the previously prepared fIour mixture, and keep mixing until it is well incorporated.
- Take the dough out of the bowl, and place it into a plastic bag and fIatten it as much as possible.
- Place it in the fridge and let it chill until it’s firm (about 10 minutes).
- Place the chilled dough on a fIat surface sprinkled with fIour, and roll it out with a rolling pin to the desired thickness.
- If you are using our embosser and cutter set, the first thing to do is to sprinkle the embosser with fIour and press it into the dough to achieve a nice and consistent pattern. Next, using a matching cutter, match the outline to the embossed pattern to cut out the cookie shape.
- Transfer the cookies to the non-stick baking sheet and bake them for 12 minutes at 190°C.
- Once out of the oven, place them gently on a cooling rack.
When the cookies are chilled, you can decorate them with royal icing.